Why Learn the Alexander Technique?
People study the Alexander Technique for a variety of reasons. Many begin lessons because of chronic pain, and discover a wealth of benefit that far exceeds their expectations of freedom from discomfort.
Lessons in the technique give you the capacity to:
- Move with confidence and ease
- Sustain poise, flexibility, and strength for a lifetime
- Do the things that you love even better
- Eliminate pain, excess tension, and the fatigue that comes from using our bodies and minds unskillfully
- Develop more intelligence in your body
- Learn to respond rather than react
- Free your voice and breath
- Increase your pleasure in life
Contact me for an introductory lesson on the first Wednesday of every month and discover what lessons in the Alexander Technique can offer you!
Photograph of Thea by Ashley Florence.
Ready to Move from your Seat to your Feet?
If you are one of the billions of people on the planet who spends the majority of their day sitting down for work, then you may want to know why there’s revolution afoot to get us out of our seats and onto our feet.
The British Medical Journal published a study this June showing, in somewhat alarming detail, just how harmful sitting all day can be for your health, your energy, your creativity, and your prospects for living to a ripe old age. Sitting for more than 3 hours a day, the study concludes, can shave your life expectancy by 2 years, whether or not you are exercising regularly. Read more…
How the Alexander Technique Can Help You Stand Comfortably At Work
Check out my awesome podcast with Robert Rickover, fellow A.T. teacher and creator of the Body Learning web resource for teachers and students of the technique.